The great big picture summary

I'm finally back in the UK!

Unfortunately I didn't have the energy to post as much as I'd have liked while I was in Tanzania, while I also struggled to add photos to this site. Nevertheless, now I'm back - here's some images to go along with the stories! 


The view from the hotel

Mafiga, the other WiA school 

The Uluguru mountains from the school 



Trees planted at the school when it was built 10 years ago

View behind the school buildings


Our typical lunch! Yoghurt and doughnuts! 

The main courtyard of the school 

Teaching in Action!


Some of the students after lesson time

Myself and Laura with some of our students!

Elephant spotted on safari

Typical Safari view out of the car at Mikumi
 


Teacher conference run by WiA in Morogoro

Over 50 local maths teachers working together!

I believe I was explained trade tariffs here!

Standard of the classroom and desks

Very different to the resources in the UK

Our climb up the Uluguru Mountains


The team! (ft. Yesaya, the lead teacher at SUA)
 
View at the 2000km summit


Me and the headteacher at SUA (ft. African blazer!)

Maths challenge questions

Mohammed and I with our 3A class

The school gardens!

Comments